Terms & Conditions
The payment of ATA membership fees entitles the member to an annual membership with the ATA. ATA membership carries the following terms and conditions applicable to all members:
- It is a condition that ATA members follow the ATA Code of Conduct. This includes having a refund policy, complying with all laws and following the ATA Code of Conduct Conflict Resolution procedures. This includes providing to the Code Administration Committee (CAC) any documentation required for the CAC to effectively resolve the dispute. Failure to do so may lead to disciplinary action being taken, including cancellation of membership.
- It is a condition that ATA members supply their Australian Business Number (ABN).
- It is a condition that ATA members abide by all child protection laws including a Working With Children Check or National Background Police Check.
- It is a condition that members use the logo on their website, business cards and other communications.
- All ATA members must ensure that a copy of the ATA Code of Conduct available for clients to peruse as requested.
- It is a condition that ATA members provide to the ATA Board or committee upon request, evidence of compliance with the ATA Code of Conduct. This can require but is not limited to producing evidence of documentation such as proof of teacher qualifications/registration, Refund Policy, communications in regard to any conflicts with consumers and evidence of child protection clearance.
- It is a condition that ATA members agree to uphold all copyright and IP laws and not to use the name of another business. In the event a member uses, advertently or inadvertently, the name of business the member agrees to indemnify the ATA from any possible losses arising or any action arising in respect of that.
- ATA members are entitled to be listed on the ATA website as a member while their membership is current.
- All ATA members are entitled to advertise that they are a member of the ATA, whichever is relevant. If the member is a person then there is a further entitlement to use the letters MATA after their name in advertising and promotion.
- All members are entitled to avail themselves of the benefits that arise from ATA business partnerships and alliances created for the benefit of ATA members. ATA members are entitled to receive copies of the ATA Newsletter in a form of their choosing (print, electronic or both).
- ATA membership is transferrable ONLY once notice has been given to the ATA. Transfers of insurance from current to prospective members are not handled by the ATA and are the responsibility of the member.
- If ATA memberships are not paid in full by the due date then membership will lapse and members will immediately forfeit their rights to:
- Listing on the ATA website
- Use of the ATA logo
- Access to benefits created by ATA alliances
- Any other benefits arising from ATA membership
- In agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you assert that:
- Neither you nor anyone who will tutor in the business has ever been de-registered as a teacher in any Australian State or Territory for child-related matters.
- Neither you nor anyone who will tutor in the business has ever been convicted of a child-related criminal offence in any Australian State or Territory.
- Neither you nor anyone who will tutor in the business has ever been de-registered as a teacher in any other nation for child-related matters.
- Neither you nor or anyone who will tutor in the business has ever been convicted of a child-related criminal offence in any other nation.
- You indemnify the ATA against any loss arising from a non-adherence to the ATA Code of Conduct and these Terms and Conditions.
These terms and conditions may be changed from time to time, without notice.